Maril MacDonald to present “The Evolution of Engagement” at September luncheon
Employees are critical in managing a company’s reputation, customer acquisition and retention, and relationships with communities and policymakers. Major forces are changing the nature of work and employee expectations—inspiring creative workplace arrangements and, in some cases, challenging the very definition of what it means to be an “employee.” Join IABC/Chicago at our September luncheon and hear from Maril MacDonald, founder and CEO of the Chicago-based communications consultancy Gagen MacDonald, on the dynamics of employee engagement and how you can harness the power of employees in your communication strategies.
Topics to be covered include:
- Forces changing the nature of work and employee expectations
- The evolving role of the Corporate Communications function
- Insights on employee engagement and leadership communications
- Using internal social media to drive greater engagement
IABC/Chicago Luncheon with Maril MacDonald: The Evolution of Engagement
September 19, 2012
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Maggiano’s Banquet Room
516 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654
Chicago-based Gagen MacDonald founder and CEO Maril MacDonald is a nationally recognized leader in strategy execution, employee engagement and culture change who has claimed the “white space between corporate silos” as her ultimate functional expertise.
She pioneered a discipline that initiates collaboration with corporate leaders to optimize business performance by engaging and mobilizing stakeholders behind a company’s strategic goals, its culture, reputation and its brand.
Maril regularly speaks at executive, industry and corporate events in the U.S. and abroad. Most recently for Conference Board. Audiences include corporate board members and executive leadership, and HR and communications experts.
- Past President, The Arthur Page Society
- Board of Directors, The Arthur Page Society
- Trustee, Institute of Public Relations
- PR Week, Top 25 leaders in the industry
- PR Week 50 Most Powerful Women in PR
- Named PR All Star by Inside PR
- Founder, Let Go & Lead. The online community dedicated to leadership in the 21st century.