The Board of Directors is looking for a few members to unleash their leadership skills and join the board for a one-year term. Take a look at these board positions and let us know what you would like to do!
Click here for the descriptions of director responsibilities.
What’s in it for You?
Advance your career – Many former board members say that their board leadership and networking with other volunteers have helped advance their careers.
Prove your leadership skills – Help make the decisions that affect the future of the profession and IABC/Chicago. Some of the leaders are now serving in regional and international roles with IABC, building on their experience as a chapter leader.
Build your network – Work side by side with the communication professionals representing leading employers, consultancies and service firms in the Chicago area.
Make friends for life – Former board members say their experiences have helped expose them to professional content and the diversity of communication professionals in Chicago, nationally and internationally.
Click here to download the nomination form. Nominations are now closed.
- May 15 – Deadline for board applications
- Nomination committee reviews applications and prepares slate for board approval.
- May 17 – Slate posted on the website. Click here for the slate.
- Early June – Request members to vote via email ballot
- June 13 – Deadline for member voting.
- Nomination committee reviews election results.
- Elected candidates will be announced after the June 17 board meeting.
- July 1 – Begin new board year.