As we enter the holiday season we find ourselves especially thankful for our IABC Chicago members that go the extra mile to act as mentors to our students.
On November 13, professional mentors and students from our Loyola chapter gathered to meet one another at the official kick-off for this year’s program. Mentors shared their expertise with students through an in-depth panel discussion on the top qualities employers look for when hiring job candidates. Continuing through April 2015, mentors will expose their students to new depths within the communications industry, share resources and contacts, and model good communications practices through leading by example.
A special thank you to the following IABC Chicago members for participating as mentors this year:
– David Bakker, Communications Manager at Lutheran Child and Family Services
– Andrew Gagen, Founder and Lead Recruiter at MVP Recruiters
– Gabrielle Loring, Senior Communications Consultant at the ROC Group
– Michele Mazur, Head of Communications at Grant Thornton LLP
– Amanda Waldhauser, Development Associate at Northwestern University
– Amy Walsh, Director of IT Communications at PepsiCo
– Peg Wander, Change Catalyst and Consultant
– Rick Weber, Vice President of Marketing and Client Engagement at FLIRT Communications
– Cindy Weidmann, Marketing Executive
Post by Amanda Waldhauser