The IABC Chicago Bronze Quill Awards use entry requirements and judging criteria similar to the IABC Gold Quill Awards. Based on the category, your submission is judged by one of the following criteria:
- Evaluating Excellence A Guide for IABC Award Evaluators for Divisions 1-3
- Evaluating Excellence A Guide for IABC Award Evaluators for Division 4
Judges will apply the following weighting to entries:
- Divisions 1-3: 50% work plan; 50% sample
- Division 4: 1/3 on the strategic alignment, 1/3 on professional standards of execution for the category and 1/3 on creativity, resourcefulness or innovation
Entries are submitted to an outside IABC chapter for judging. Each entry is scored at least twice by seasoned professionals. All Bronze Quill judges are at least one of the following:
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC)
- Previous Bronze, Silver or Gold Quill Award winner
- Senior-level communication professional (with 10+ years of experience)
Judges score on a numeric scale from 1 to 7 and use a weighted calculation, depending on the division. Any entry that scores between 5.25 and 5.74 earns a Bronze Quill Award of Merit. An entry that scores 5.75 and above earns a Bronze Quill Award of Excellence.
For more information, visit our Awards FAQ page.