Let IABC/Chicago Be Your Career Catalyst!
If you’ve set your sights on a career in communications, the best place to jumpstart your career is getting involved with IABC/Chicago at a significantly discounted rate.
Among the many benefits available to you as a student member are:
- Networking with communications professionals from PR and creative agencies, corporations, government, non-profit organizations and independent entrepreneurs. Our members often know about new jobs before they’re ever posted.
- Ongoing professional development from communications experts and newsmakers who will keep you informed of the latest trends and emerging opportunities in the field – as well as a free subscription to Communication World, a must-read for those in the industry (value: $150/year).
- Getting the work experience employers want to see on your resume by taking on meaningful assignments and responsibilities in IABC/Chicago and working alongside seasoned communicators (who can then recommend your work first-hand!).
- Start your own personal board of directors by requesting a mentor who can guide you in landing your first communications position – and making the most of it when you get there. (Open to student members only.)
- Deeply discounted student rates for membership dues, luncheon meetings, professional development events, networking events and more!
In short, with IABC/Chicago you can get the tools, the contacts, the confidence and the mad skills you need to launch a career in communications.
Once you graduate, you can change your membership to a student transitional membership, offering discounts for another 12 months!