Let IABC Chicago Be Your Career Catalyst!
If you’ve set your sights on a career in communications, the best place to jumpstart your career is getting involved with IABC Chicago at a significantly discounted rate.
Among the many benefits available to you as a student member are:
- Networking with communications professionals from PR and creative agencies, corporations, government, non-profit organizations and independent entrepreneurs. Our members often know about new jobs before they’re ever posted.
- Ongoing professional development from communications experts and newsmakers who will keep you informed of the latest trends and emerging opportunities in the field – as well as a free subscription to Communication World, a must-read for those in the industry (value: $150/year).
- Getting the work experience employers want to see on your resume by taking on meaningful assignments and responsibilities in IABC Chicago and working alongside seasoned communicators (who can then recommend your work first-hand!).
- Start your own personal board of directors by requesting a mentor who can guide you in landing your first communications position – and making the most of it when you get there. (Open to student members only.)
- Deeply discounted student rates for membership dues, luncheon meetings, professional development events, networking events and more!
In short, with IABC Chicago you can get the tools, the contacts, the confidence and the mad skills you need to launch a career in communications.
Once you graduate, you can change your membership to a Student Transitional Membership, at 50% off the international dues for the next membership year!